To celebrate 75 years of continuous guitar production in Melbourne, Australia we decided to produce a guitar that showcased the best design and construction we could bring to a guitar, as well as to celebrate the tonewoods we love and cherish.
We’ve produced a number of excellent celebratory guitars recently, particularly the 70th anniversary models and the Vera May centenary model, so we wanted this one to really stand out (by the way Vera just celebrated her 101st birthday and is still going strong…).
We are also entering into a new and exciting era in Maton’s history as another group of Maton luthiers enter their second decade of guitar making. These talented young craftspeople are adding to the work of our older, more experienced hands to consistently create instruments that are the best Maton has ever produced, and the world is taking note!
In recent years we have explored new shapes, materials and specifications through research and development in conjunction with the Maton Custom Shop and the passion and drive of Custom Shop luthier, Andy Allen. Many of our recent production models have benefitted from that work. We wanted this 75th Anniversary model to showcase all of this work.
- Body Shape: Traditional
- Face: "AAA" Grade Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: "AA" Grade Figured Blackwood
- Neck: Figured Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard & Bridge: "A" Ebony
- Bracing: Scalloped Maton X
- Face Inlay/Rosette: Herringbone w/ Inner and Outer Rings
- Inner Binding: Herringbone
- Outer Binding: Rock Maple
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5")
- Headstock Veneer: Ebony w/ Keyhole and Diamond Pearl Decal
- Fretwire: Jescar FW43080-217
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12")
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736" - 1 47/64")
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165" - 2 11/64")
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Gloss w/ Nashville Sunburst
- Top Finish: Gloss w/ Nashville Sunburst
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Open Back Grover Chrome
- Pickguard: Black with Gold M
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Hiscox
- Pickup: AP5 PRO
- Soundhole Diameter: 95mm
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53