The M1 Active takes the M1 pickup to a new level of performance and convenience. The built-in all class A electronics eliminate the need for any external preamps and makes the M1 Active compatible with any outboard equipment. And the new volume control gives you fingertip access in any performing situation.
The M1 Active won the Player's Choice award in 2011 for best Soundhole Magnetic pickup.
• Highly feedback-resistant
• Adjustable pole pieces
• Built in volume control
• A perfect blend of string and body signal
• Quiet, hum-free operation
• Long battery life - 1,000 hours on one 3V lithium coin cell
• Built-in gold plated 1/8” jack makes moving or removing the pickup a snap
• Includes a pre-wired strapjack harness
THE M1 EXPOSED
The M1 is a humbucking pickup -- with a twist. In a common stacked humbucker, the second, lower coil cancels hum, but doesn't contribute anything positive to the sound. In fact, it can muddy the sound of the main coil. We unlock the second coil. This allows it to make a positive sonic contribution while maintaining the pure open sound of a single coil -- but without the hum.